OTR is a mental health social movement by and for young people aged 11-25 living in Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
Getting support couldn’t be easier. Come along to one of our regular Hubs or explore this website and sign-up directly to the project or service you want to try.
- We believe that mental health is social and political as well as personal, so our approach embraces social action and tries to influence systems and policy.
- We believe that in the face of contemporary diversity, all theoretical models are wrong, but all of them are useful. As a result, we build our team from diverse backgrounds, experiences and disciplines.
- We believe that relationships are what make the difference - so our approach is fundamentally relational.
- We believe in the power of networks, and so we emphasise peer relationships, professional partnerships and organisational collaboration in our approach.
- We believe enabling young people starts with recognising their capabilities before their vulnerabilities, so our approach is fundamentally strengths based.
- We believe participatory services are more sustainable than transactional ones, so young people play a large and active role designing, delivering and communicating our work - not just consuming it.
- We believe what we do should be a vocation - and we love what we do! So our approach and team are full of enthusiasm, imagination, curiosity, and talent.